Jun 8, 2010

strawberry field

 ichigo day

Last weekend, I was invited to pick some strawberries at a farm in Sano, Tochigi prefecture, its name widely known as one of the most strawberry producing countryside in Japan.
Those strawberry bushes have been producing berries all over the season from December, and this was the last chance for picking on this season, because when the season is over they are going to take whole the bushes off from the field to prepare soil for next season.  So the owner of this farm,  one of my friend's father, always invites family and friends to pick those last berries before he takes the bushes off, although other farmers just chuck them off with the bush.

  ichigo day

Beautiful and delicious strawberries everywhere, even very tiny ones are tasty.
I was lost into sweet berry dimension. This is a dream of every kids. My childhood strawberry picking memory was suddenly flashing back, and while i picked and occasionally enjoying delicious pleasure full of my mouth, i was exploring my memories of remote days.
kaeru chan

Then suddenly this tiny green friend jump out from the bush!! I noticed that they were everywhere, jumping and hopping over the filed.

We picked strawberries whole morning and i got almost 10 boxes for my own!!!
I can't stop smiling just thinking how long i will be super happy with this strawberryfull experience, and keep enjoying them during some days, and even making couple of strawberry tarts and jams and smoothies......

Mmmm... Don't you think how amazing strawberries are just being able to make people so happy!!!!

No comments: